The Fam Spot
Looking for somewhere to hang out after school? Drop-in at The FAM Spot in Victorville, a place set up by youth for youth.
• LGBTQ Friendly
• Free after school snacks
• Free Wi-Fi
We believe that great things happen when you empower youth. The FAM Spot provides a positive environment and offers tools to help youth reach their full potential.
The work spot
• Open computer lab with internet access and printer
• Tutoring available
• Get help with homework
• Quiet space available for studying alone or in groups
• Get help with creating a resume and searching for jobs online
The Social Spot
• Rec Room - Socialize while gaming, listening to music, or just hanging out
• Outings - Join the FAM for field trips. Experience culture, art, and music.
• Give Back - Network with other youth and create ways to give back to the community. Whether feeding the homeless or hosting an art show, the sky is the limit for you to make a difference.
Other free services
• Talk-it-out sessions - The FAM spot has an open door policy toward venting. Each session is scheduled with a licensed professional who provides guidance and support on the issues holding you down.
• Art Expression Classes - Whether you’re an artist or just want to be, get creative and express who you are with guided instruction.
• Teen Dating Classes - Learn the ins and outs of dating including how to stay safe, set boundaries, and create healthy relationships.
• Anger Management - Don’t let anger keep you down. Learn ways to take control of your anger so it doesn’t control you.
• The Closet - Clothing available for those who need or want it.
The FAM Spot is open to students ages 12-21. Hours are 2-8 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday. The FAM Spot is located at 15075 7th Street, Victorville, CA 92395. For more information, call (760) 843-0701 or go to FamilyAssist.org
This program is not sponsored or endorsed by the Victor Valley Union High School District. Information is provided as a community service.